A Safer, Healthier and Sustainable Nation.
To foster an OSH oriented generation that will best serve the nation and the world through OSH Education, community engagement, research, training and innovation.
For A safer Nation
Who We Are
We are Brave, Curious , Compassionate and above all incurable optimists. We are Humanitarians seeking to to do small actions with a big heart as well as make small differences in a big way.
Exceed Institute Of Safety, Management & Technology (EISMAT) is a Unique, Inspired, Committed and Organised Institution with a Strong Set of Values, Five Clear Core Objectives and One Bold and Clear Vision focused at uplifting humanity through OSH empowerment and Innovation.
We have a Dream: ”To Be Or not to Be”
Imagine a Uganda where people work, travel, and communicate safely. Imagine a Uganda where people eat, sleep and play safely. Safer, healthier, sustainable, happier homes and businesses will only emerge if we work together as one towards making these shared Imaginations a reality. You may say we are dreamers but we are not alone. We hope some day you too will join us. The good news is you are already part of this success equation, but this dream is only possible if you share, commit and contribute to this imaginative reality.
”To Be Or not to Be”
EISMAT : For a Safer Nation.
EXCELLENCE: We provide the highest-quality OSH education, advise, innovations and practical experiences.
COLLABORATION: We work closely with other Institutions, departments, labs, centers, and strategic groups to connect students with the best entrepreneurship programming across the Institute.
DIVERSITY: Safety Education requires diversity of opinion and diversity of people. Throughout our courses, advising, and programming, and execution,we combine a range of critical perspectives.
EXPERIMENTATION: Each year we try new programs and activities. If we fail, we learn in the process. When we succeed, we aim to scale rapidly.
INNOVATION: We seek to develop in each member of the EISMAT community the ability and passion to be innovative, work wisely, creatively, and effectively for the betterment of humankind.
As written in the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the objectives of the institute are:
- To contribute towards upgrading occupational safety and health through developing curriculum and training programmes for workers and employees, employers and those who are responsible, either directly or indirectly for occupational safety and health.
- To support industry, commerce and others in solving problems related to occupational safety and health.
- To support those who are responsible for occupational safety and health with the latest information and data in the field of occupational safety and health in the country and overseas.
- To conduct short-term and long-term research in occupational safety and health related areas that will benefit and bring advantages to the country.
- To disseminate information and data on research findings and to become the centre of reference and excellence in the field of occupational safety and health.